Sunday 15th March – Mixed Friendly v BT – Cancelled

I am sorry but we have had to cancel this Sunday’s friendly match.

I emailed those selected to play asking them if they were happy to play or whether they felt they would be at risk bearing in mind the Worldwide outbreaks of Coronavirus and the guidelines from the UK government.  As quite a few chose not to play, I decided it would be safer to cancel this match and we will continue to monitor the situation day by day, week by week.  A decision on whether the Egham match on Wednesday 18th will go ahead will be made on Monday.

We know that we all need regular exercise and social contact with are vital for everybody.  However, if you show any symptoms such as a new ‘dry’ cough and temperature or know that your immune system is not 100%, we recommend that you stay at home and self isolate for 7 days or longer.  Your health is more important than bowling.

The Board is discussing the best plan for the safety and welfare of club members as we know several will come under the ‘vulnerable’ bracket.  We will post updates but for the timebeing we will follow the government and EIBA guidelines ie

Regular washing of hands

Use of Alcohol based hand sanitiser

Coughing or sneezing into tissues which are then immediately placed into a bin

Don’t touch your face unless hands have been washed

Members who develop symptoms such as a new (dry) cough or temperature should self-isolate for 7 days.

Thoroughly wipe your bowls before and after use

Please break the habit of shaking hands before and after games – this is so difficult as we all do it automatically!

If any of you live alone and are self-isolating and cannot get to the shops, please contact Dawn.

The latest information from the EIBA is under a separate post.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *